by ayallawt | September 3, 2010 5:46 pm
Easy apple Coffee Cake
3 fresh apple, peeled and cubed (the size is up to you. bigger cubes if you like big fruit bites in your cake, smaller ones if you don’t.)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon (powdered)
1.Preheat oven to 350F (180C). In a bowl, mix milk, oil, honey, eggs and vanilla.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix flour(s), salt and baking powder.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ones and mix lightly, add apples and mix just until combined.
4. Pour mixture into a buttered round springform 8 or 9 inch pan. the size is up to you. If you prefer a taller cake, go with the 8 incher. If you prefer a lower but crunchier one, go with 9.
5. mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top of the cake batter.
6. Bake for about 35-45 minutes, until topping is crunchy and middle is no longer gooey (check with a toothpick).
Now go make some coffee!
Source URL: http://www.saltandpaprika.com/2010/09/03/easy-apple-coffee-cake/
Copyright ©2017 Salt and Paprika unless otherwise noted.