by ayallawt | December 2, 2011 4:30 am
A list of things I want you to know:
1.My family and I are in the midst of relocating ourselves, our three children under the age of five, our clothes, our books and what is left of our peripheral nervous system.
2. We are leaving the wild, wild North, the only home my children have ever known. We are going back to civilization. Traffic jams. Commuting. Gridlocks. Stress.
3. I want my mommy.
4. If I haven’t been writing lately, it must be due to the small, insignificant fact that I no longer posses a kitchen. I have been talked (kicking and screaming) into selling my entire cooking battery in the ridiculous claim that it is easy to replace, heavy to carry and expensive to freight.
5. I want my mommy.
6. Luckily, I have a few recipes up my sleeve (and my other blogs) that have yet to feature in salt and paprika. Now that I have 35 seconds to myself in our transitory motel room, I will try and finish writing a post or two.
7. This beef stew recipe is tasty. You should make it. And share in with your loved ones.
Slow Cooker Orange and Honey Beef stew
About 700 grams (1.5lb) beef stew cubes
1 cup dry prunes
1 large onion, peeled and halved
1 heaping tsp minced garlic
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili flakes
lots of freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp Rosemary (fresh or dry)
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1.Place beef and prunes in the slow cooker.
2. Pulverize all the rest of the ingredients (except rosemary, water and cornstarch) in a food processor and pour over beef.
3. Mix water and cornstarch until smooth, pour into slow cooker with the rosemary. Mix and close the lid.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
5. Serve on couscous decorated with toasted slivered almonds.
Source URL: http://www.saltandpaprika.com/2011/12/02/slow-cooker-orange-and-honey-beef-stew/
Copyright ©2017 Salt and Paprika unless otherwise noted.