by ayallawt | February 29, 2012 8:42 pm
This recipe is just what the doctor ordered if you happen to be:
2. Under the weather
3. Tending to under aged rugrats that are tired and under the weather
4. lacking time to cook real food due to items 1-3
5. Have only 3 ingredients in your pantry
6. Have your beloved vegan friend over for supper and suffer from items 1-5
Did I mention that there are only 3 ingredients in this recipe? Chives being ingredient number three, unless you count salt and pepper and the oil required to brush the pan. I know I don’t.
These patties are crispy, tasty, super easy to make and are gobbled by vegans and children alike.
Quick Vegan lentil patties
1. 1 cup dry red lentils
2. 1/2 cup rice
3. 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped.
4. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put lentils in a bowl and cover with 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and set aside while you prepare the rice.
2. Make rice like you would make pasta, in a pot of boiling, salted water until the rice is chewy but not over cooked. Drain.
3. in a food processor combine drained lentils, rice, chives, salt and pepper and pulse to a rough, sticky texture that is easy to work with.
4. Make small, flat patties. Fry patties on an oiled pan (I use a brush and spread Canola oil on mine), on medium high heat, flipping once until golden and crispy on both sides.
Source URL: http://www.saltandpaprika.com/2012/02/29/quick-vegan-lentil-patties/
Copyright ©2017 Salt and Paprika unless otherwise noted.